Classes are first come first serve, and you must have a valid permit to enroll in a class. If classes are full, do not worry, more will be available soon so check back often!
BRC is a 16 Hour Course that Includes:
- Online E-Course: There is a 3-hour pre-course assignment that must be complete before class. Instructions will be sent via email once you are signed up for your class.
- Classroom Time: Interactive learning in the classroom in our Training Room at Keystone Harley-Davidson.
- Riding Exercises: Riding experience broken down into 2 or 3 days on the range.
- Minimum age 18
- Valid PA class M permit or PA Class License
- Coordinate clutch lever and throttle use to control motorcycle smoothly
- Upshift and downshift smoothly
- Stop the motorcycle properly at a designated point
- Negotiate typical roadway turns and curves
What specific gear do I need to bring with me to the range portion of the course?
- DOT approved 3/4 or full-face helmet
- Eye protection (helmet visor, eyeglasses, sunglasses, goggles acceptable)
- Long-sleeve shirt or jacket (might want both depending on the weather)
- Long pants no holes (heavy denim or riding pants required)
- Over-the-ankle boots (sturdy, not canvas, low heel)
- Full-finger gloves (motorcycle specific recommended)
Can I purchase the riding gear that I need for the class at the dealership?
- Yes. Our team is ready to assist you!
How much does the licensing course cost?
- The course is FREE to PA Residents
What will I need to register for a class?
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current/Valid motorcycle permit
What do I need to bring with me to class each day?
- Your Driver's License and/or Learner's Permit
- A copy of your E-Course completion certificate
- Appropriate riding gear
What do I need to do to earn my motorcycle endorsement?
- You must attend the entire 16-hour course or 8-hour Returning Rider course. You must come to class with all the required safety gear, complete the MSF online E-Course, pass the classroom exam, and pass the riding evaluation at the end of the range session.
Do we get breaks?
- Yes. Your instructors will give you adequate breaks. Consider packing a lunch.
What about the weather?
- Training classes take place rain or shine, hot or cold. Be ready for whatever your local weather might have in store for you. In the event of dangerous weather, the class will be halted. Arrangements will be made to adjust the schedule around the weather if possible. Consult with your Coaches and our Riding University team if weather results in a class being rescheduled or cancelled.